Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tokimonsta-almost free[remix]





Miss TOKiMONSTA is one funny bunny if you ask me! Just found this on her website and clearly somebody got Cosmicly Intoxicated last night. Check out what she says about “Almost Free”.

So every blue moon, I get kinda of drunk and feel like making some music.
Here’s the story:
I get home after an awesome night at Low End Theory, then I see my rhodes still hanging in the living room because the 300 lb beast requires more than what is within my own abilities to carry up a flight of stairs to my studio. I felt the urge to make an all rhodes song, so I pseudo jammed on the rhodes and recorded directly into the mobile audio interface I use for my live performances. I didn’t even grab a proper mic to record the percussion–I recorded directly from the shitteous mic on my mac. In which, the percussion consists of me banging and tapping the top of the rhodes body, my car keys, and my snaps. The overall process was just me recording and looping bits into Ableton, then recording more layers, etc. So in total: 1 rhodes (for music and percussion), a pair of car keys, 1 mobile audio interface, 1 mac, 1 drunk girl. So yea, just layers and no edits, but minor EQing to cancel out the hiss from the unbalanced cables I was using. See? Doesn’t take much to make a song.

Listening to the song today, it makes sense that I made this song inebriated because I don’t think I’d make the same key choices if I was sober. Regardless, it has a nice chill vibe so I thought I’d share it with whoever is interested

For the life of me, I can’t remember why I named this song “Almost Free.”

TOKIMONSTA-


TOKiMONSTA – Almost Free

@ THE CROSBY 2-25-10








<a href="http://ranmecca.bandcamp.com/track/tokimonsta-almost-free-remix">Tokimonsta-almost free[remix] by Ranmecca</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment